Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Curation Update #1

            I began earlier this week curating and creating my very own webpage about living with food allergies! I thought of this idea because I am allergic to dairy, eggs, and gluten so I thought that I could give my knowledge and other people's knowledge of preparing food without those ingredients to people with similar allergies. 
            When I first began I just designed the layout and put everything where I wanted it to be, then came the difficult part, finding the best information to put on my site. This is when I decided that instead of curating specific recipes I would curate places to find those recipes. This made it simpler for me and also simpler for the users of my website. 
            My most interesting piece of information so far is probably a blog that I found that has tons of gluten free options on it! www.glutenfreegoddess.blogspot.com is the website that I found it all on. I am having trouble inserting hyperlinks into my website, and also this blog. That has been my most difficult challenge so far with this curation project. 
            Next, for this project, I need to finish up finding places for gluten free recipes then my next step will be to find dairy free recipes! This project is exciting for me since I actually have these allergies. It's helping me realize that there are tons of recipes out there and I'm hoping it will help other people too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment